At Eastern Harmony Clinic we offer treatments to support a healthy pregnancy and to prepare for a healthy birth.
Acupuncture is a drug-free, all natural option which can help provide relief from the following symptoms during pregnancy:
- Morning Sickness
- Headaches / Migraines
- Backache, Sciatica, Pelvic Girdle
- Other Joint and Tendon Pain (hands, wrists, knees, ankles)
- Breech Presentation
- Cervical Ripening
- Labour Induction
We advise our patients to come in at least once a week during the first trimester, once a month during the rest of the pregnancy and more frequently nearing delivery.
Usual treatment frequency recommendation:
- Early pregnancy support – 1 treatment a week for 12 weeks: prevent miscarriage, treat nausea, sleep disturbances and low energy levels
- Healthy Pregnancy – 1 treatment a month for next 5 months: relieve stress, backache/sciatic pain, heartburn, sleeplessness, headaches, digestive problems, gestational diabetes, carpal tunnel and other side effects of pregnancy.
- Labor preparation – 1 treatment a week for the last 4 weeks before your due date. In a study, these pre birth treatments helped progression of labor and lesser induction time.
- Postpartum care – 1 treatment a week for 1-2 months: structured to help the postpartum “blues” improve mood, promote lactation and nourish the body.
Treatment recommendations may vary depending on the pregnancy and will be individualized to meet the needs.