With Pre-conception care we promote optimal gynecological health in preparation for pregnancy. The goal is to get a woman’s body healthy, achieve hormonal balance to conceive, stay pregnant and nurture a healthy baby from pregnancy to delivery.
Although it can be helpful at any stage, Pre-conception care should be considered as part of preventative medicine, beginning 2-3 months prior to women attempting to conceive.
This approach is similar to planting a seed for a tree to bear flowers and fruit. The best outcome can be expected when the soil is well prepared and nourished with the right fertilizers and this process takes time.
Along with acupuncture and herbal medicine, pre-conception care includes a combination of diet, lifestyle, vitamin supplementation and exercise modification.
Traditional Chinese Medicine can enhance fertility in the following ways:
- Regulate menstrual cycles
- Improve ovarian function and response to hormones
- Increase blood flow to the uterus to build a better uterine lining
- Support pregnancy and help reduce miscarriages
- Improve rates of implantation and assisted reproduction results
- Balance hormones to treat the side effects of fertility medications
- Regulate ovulation in patients with PCOS
- Improve sperm parameters
- Decrease stress levels and anxiety