It takes two to make a baby – 40% of infertility is caused by female factor, 40% is caused by male factor; 20% is unknown.
Recurrent miscarriages can be due to female issues, but male factor may also affect embryo quality.
The male partner should have a blood test for hormonal levels and a semen analysis to rule out male factor infertility.
Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) can effectively treat several causes of infertility due to male factor such as:
- Sperm production or sperm count
- Sperm motility or movement issue
- Sperm morphology or shape
- Low testosterone
We see better results when both partners are treated, we can help you get healthier which increases your chances of creating the family of your dreams.
At Eastern Harmony we offer optimally priced couples treatment rates, you can call us at 713 529 1610 to get more information the couples treatment prices.
There are numerous factors in our environment, among which are raised body temperature & free radicals that can affect sperm quality and quantity.
We plan an individualized treatment regimen with weekly acupuncture, Chinese herbs, supplements, diet and lifestyle changes to optimize sperm quality and enhance fertility.
These treatments are recommended to continue for 8-10 weeks in order to see the best results on a repeat analysis.
Low Testosterone levels can be the underlying cause of low sperm production, decreased libido, low energy, decreased muscle mass, depression and sleep disturbances. After a detailed consultation and diagnosis appropriate herbs and acupuncture treatments can be prescribed to improve testosterone levels and fertility.
Supplements and simple steps to support spermatogenesis:
- Zinc & selenium help in testosterone production and sperm motility respectively
- Fish oil promotes cardiovascular health and has anti-inflammatory benefits
- Vitamin C – 500 – 1000 mg daily – This powerful antioxidant protects the sperm from oxidative damage by free radicals
- Essential amino acids – L Carnitine – 1000mg/day for motility. L Arginine – helps morphology and sperm production
- Vitamin D – 800 – 1000 IU’s – assists male fertility
- A healthy diet – low carbohydrates and sugars, high in protein and plenty of vegetables. Helpful healthy seeds such as pumpkin seeds and brazil nuts can be eaten as a snack or added to salads.
- Lifestyle changes – regular exercise recommended for circulation and stress management. If overweight, weight management can be helpful to improve male fertility.
- Stop drinking alcohol and smoking cigarettes. Nicotine has a direct impact on sperm quality
- NO HOT TUBS or SAUNAS – the increased scrotal temperatures can result in sperm damage
- Acupuncture treatments can assist in quit smoking, weight and stress management